(and a handy trick for getting to sleep)
Rest gives a solid base for both mental and physical health. Though people need differing amounts of rest and sleep it is important that you get enough for your needs.
“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?”
In theory you could find that you are sleeping well and have great mental and physical wellbeing without doing much else, but in practice rest is a foundation and some maintenance is likely to be needed on other parts of the structure.
Here is a handy method that you might find useful for getting to sleep:
The technique is said to work for 96 per cent of people after six weeks of practice.
1. Lie in a relaxed, comfortable way.
2. Become aware of your breath
3. Starting from the number 300 take away 7 on every out breath (or starting from 100 take away 3 on every out breath)
4. Wake up refreshed some time later.
For more practical things you can do to stay safe and active mentally and physically, download our FREE Guide to Healthy Active Ageing:
If you have a critical issue bothering you, click here for some information about what you can do now.
How to get the latest Health Active Ageing
If you are looking for some regular handy tips to help keep you shipshape, you have some choices:
- The simplest is to fill in your details below and click on the ‘Get Healthy Active Ageing’ button
- Bookmark our blogs and visit is regularly, you will be able to navigate through all our posts
- Follow us on Facebook